With deep roots in the St. Louis community, our team of experts at STL Fertility provide the high touch and hands-on experience that fertility patients expect, supported by clinical outcomes that exceed U.S. benchmarks. We love our STL
Fertility team and know you will too. Come feel what we mean at STL Fertility!
The Sonographer is an integral member of the STL Fertility team, with patient-care responsibilities including performing follicular, obstetric, and gynecological ultrasounds and other related duties as necessary. Essential Job Functions include:
- Perform follicular and OB ultrasound tests in accordance with the established protocol for diagnostic purposes using ultrasound equipment for subsequent evaluation by the Physician.
- Prepare patient for ultrasound by positioning patient, moving equipment into specified position, adjusting equipment controls, and properly draping the patient.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand are requirements.
- Gains patient trust and cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of procedure; answering questions.
- Comfort patient during times of physical and emotional stress
- Adjust equipment using visual observations, knowledge of cross-section anatomy, knowledge of physics, judgment as to the size of the patient, procedure to be done and the type of scan performed.
- View screen and make corrections adjusting dials for clarity, the correctness of size, focus, depth of penetration and brightness or darkness or erasing until the proper image appears for photographing.
- Take a series of pictures when the proper image is obtained.
- Document appropriate information in practice EMR.
- Enter patient information on the encounter form.
- Discusses results with physicians, nurses, and MA’s.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and scheduling repairs.
- Maintains production and quality of ultrasounds by following established standards and procedures; observing results; making necessary adjustments.
- Assists patient services and receptionist to prioritize patient appointments, and handle emergency visits.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols and storage procedures.
- Maintains related supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Assist in the development of ultrasound scheduling and protocols.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working relationships with all practice physicians and staff
- Actively demonstrate behaviors associated with problem-solving, multitasking, and accountability Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Adhere to all processes, SOPs, state, and federal regulations.
- Understand and provide cost-effective care.
- Complete all required training as designated.
- Maintain active licensure and current certifications as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelor’s degree (required)
-Experience in women’s health and/or fertility (preferred)
-Proficiency with computer systems including EMRs
-Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
-Ability to communicate accurately and concisely
-Adherence to all standards, policies, and procedures associated with safety, sanitation, confidentiality, and company operations.
Position, Licensure, and Certification Requirements:
-Current ARDMS or RT registration or actively pursuing registration (required within 1 year of employment).
-Current CPR certification, or acquire within 1 month of employment (required)
Heath, Dental, Vision insurance, 401(k), Paid time off, working with really great pople!
Monday to Friday at one location with occasional weekend hours depending on patient treatment schedules.